Shlapeko EkaterinaSign in
Scientific speciality: Political problems of international relations, global and regional development
Petrozavodsk State University, Faculty of Political and Social Sciences, international relations specialist, English translator (2007).
Major research trends: regional research, cross-border cooperation, territory marketing.
Keywords: border regions, cross-border cooperation, regional policy, integration processes, international cooperation between regions and cities, NGO’s diplomacy.
1. Arteev, S., Shlapeko, E., Klyszcz, I.U.K. (2022). Subnational actors in the context of megatrends //Megatrends of World Politics: Globalization, Integration and Democratization. Lebedeva, M.M., & Kuznetsov, D.A. (Eds.), Routledge, pp. 20-29. https://doi.org/10.4324/9781003320944-3
2. Chernenkova E.I., Lavrushina N.V., Shlapeko E.A. (2022) "Third Sector" in the development of public diplomacy: the experience of the Republic of Karelia // Through national borders: an actual look at the diplomacy of non-state actors. Moscow: LLC "Scientific and Publishing Center Infra-M", 2022. pp. 131-165. ISBN 978-5-16-017485-3. https://doi.org/10.12737/1857408
3. Shlapeko E.A., Kondrateva S.V. (2021) Migration as a challenge to national security: problems of adaptation of asylum seekers (experience of Tornio, Finland)//Tomsk State University. 2021. No. 466. pp. 150-157. https://doi.org/10.17223/15617793/466/18
4. Kondrateva, S.V., Shlapeko, E.A. (2021). Travel preferences of Finnish cross-border tourists: Opportunities and limitations for Russian Karelia // Geographia Polonica. Vol. 94. No 4. pp. 555-572. https://doi.org/10.7163/GPol.0220
5. Lavrushina N., Shlapeko E. (2020). Public Participation in Sister-Cities Relations: The Case of Petrozavodsk // Local Governance and Public Wellbeing: Comparing Russian and German Examples. (Schriftenreihe Des Europaischen Zentrums Fur Foderalismus-Fo), NOMOS, pp. 229-239. ISBN: 978-3-8487-6532-4
Experience of pedagogical activity:
Associate Professor of the Department of Foreign History, Political Science and International Relations, Institute of History, Political and Social Sciences (Petrozavodsk State University, 2022 to present)