Academic degree: Cand. (PhD) of Biology (2010)
Dissertation title: Breeding and Postfledging Periods in Sylvia and Phylloscopus Warblers: comparative studies in different parts of the species ranges
Contact phone(s): +7 911 4027025 / Fax: +7(8142) 76-98-10
Address: 11 Pushkinskaya Street
Scientific speciality: Biologist. Pedagogue.
Major research trends: ecological and population studies; instrumental methods of field research; bird behavior; structure and thermal insulation of bird nests
Key words: ecology, ethology, bird nests, thermography, molecular genetic analysis
Scientific publications: (Co-) author of 81 publications (including 21 in English).
Scietific-organizational and expert activities:
- The Russian Federation President Grant for young scientists № MK-3599.2015.4 (leader).
- RFBR Grant № 11-04-09512 (leader).
- Travel grant for the 20th conference of the European Bird Census Council, Halle (Saale) (leader).
- Organiser of 2 month courses of ecological and biological educational computer programs for gifted children.
- Member of the Organiser Committee of the International Symposiums "Dynamics of Game Animals Populations in Nothern Europe", 2010 & 2014, Russia.
Born 14.03.1983 in Izhevsk, Russia. In 2006 graduated from Udmurt State University, Biology and Chemistry Department, with Diploma in Biology and Diploma in Pedagogics and began to work at Institute of Biology, Karelian Research Centre, Russian Academy of Sciences, as a researcher. In 2010 defended PhD thesis “Breeding and Postfledging Periods in Sylvia and Phylloscopus Warblers: comparative studies in different parts of the species ranges”.
Simonov S.A. RU 2501217 (20.12.2013) DEVICE FOR TRAPPING DENDROPHILOUS BIRDS.
Simonov S.A., Matantseva M.V. RU 2596890 (10.09.2016) DEVICE FOR SELECTIVE TRAPPING OF A MOVABLE OBJECT.